Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2 Cheap and Cheerful Slow Cooker Recipes

Dear Ladies,
I have lost my job and our family's 2nd income. We need to cut down on grocery costs and I'm looking for some cheap and cheerful slow cooker recipes to feed a family of 5. Do you have any?


Blessings to you... 
Sandy


Martha:

Dear Sandy,


Pulled pork (shoulder) with a can of crushed tomatoes and a can of dads root beer in the slow cooker is one of my fav's.  It also makes great leftovers!!!


Mary:


Dear Sandy,


Slow cooker meals are my favourite. Very easy and  simple. Here's my slow cooker chili recipe.


ground beef - as much as you can afford (browned)
2 cans brown beans in tomato paste
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 onion
1 garlic
1 cup frozen corn
1 green pepper chopped
couple drops of Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of beer (only if you can afford)


I don't serve this dish to my sister Martha... she has some issue with the beans. But if no one in your family has issues. It's a great dish. For the kids you can ease up on the chili powder and the adults can add a few drops of Tabasco sauce in their own bowls.


Hope this helps!


If you have any questions, just drop us a line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment